Find Innovation Challenges
Find commercial opportunities being offered as Innovation Challenges by both industry and government!
There are currently twenty-five (25) challenges open for application and thirty-nine (39) challenges recently closed.
Transform the Future of Self-Care
GSK Consumer Healthcare is on a mission to “Transform the Future of Self-Care” to enable consumers to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Open until: 31st January 2019
- Posted by: GlaxoSmithKline
- Anticipated funding: A$50,000
Integrating Advanced Materials onto Military Platforms - A Joint AUS and UK effort
This parallel Australia and United Kingdom funded research topic is looking for proposals from both Industry and Academia on the topic of novel methods for the integration of advanced materials onto military platforms.
- Open until: 1st February 2019
- Posted by: Defence Science and Technology (DST)
- Anticipated funding: $900,000
Medical Research Future Fund Frontier Health and Medical Research Program Stage One – Research Plan
The Frontier Health and Medical Research program creates opportunities for researcher collaborations to explore bold and innovative ideas in the health and medical research sector and/or make discoveries of great potential and global impact.
- Open until: 26th February 2019
- Posted by: Australian Department of Health
- Anticipated funding: $1,000,000
Queensland Women in STEM Prize
Showcasing inspiring women working in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM), whose practice benefits Queenslanders.
- Open until: 26th February 2019
- Posted by: Queensland Museum, Queensland Government and BHP Foundation.
- Anticipated funding: $5,000
Activity in Extended Videos Prize Challenge
The Activity in Extended Videos Prize Challenge (ActEV-PC) seeks to encourage the development of robust automatic activity detection algorithms for an extended video. ActEV-PC is operated by NIST and sponsored by IARPA. Challenge participants will develop activity detection and temporal localization algorithms for 18 activities that are to be found in extended videos. These videos contain significant spans without any activities and intervals with potentially multiple concurrent activities. Activities must be detected and localized temporally. ActEV-PC will contain two phases – an open leaderboard evaluation (Phase 1) and an independent ActEV prize evaluation (Phase 2).
- Open until: 28th February 2019
- Posted by: National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Anticipated funding: A$25,000
ON Prime:Defence is a part-time pre-accelerator experience designed for innovative science and technology that has the potential to deliver real impact for Australia's national security and defence.
- Open until: 1st March 2019
- Posted by: ON Prime
- Anticipated funding: Other
Consider Corn Challenge II
The National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) is seeking game-changing new uses for field corn.
- Open until: 20th March 2019
- Posted by: The National Corn Growers Association (NCGA)
- Anticipated funding: $150,000
2nd Open Data Challenge for Public Transportation in Tokyo
The contest calls for new applications and ideas using open data of public transportation and open data from other sources.
- Open until: 31st March 2019
- Posted by: Association for Open Data of Public Transportation
- Anticipated funding: ¥1,000,000