The Space Infrastructure Fund (SIF) is a $19.5 million investment in seven infrastructure projects to drive the growth of Australia’s space sector.
The projects form an important element of the Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028, primarily addressing the ‘National’ pillar to increase capability in the sector. They will be developed in locations across Australia, providing investment in multiple states and territories, and building upon Australia’s National Civil Space Priorities and strengths.
The Space Infrastructure Fund: Mission Control Centre grant opportunity is an open, competitive grant opportunity that will award a single grant to establish a mission control centre on the ground floor of the McEwin Building at Lot Fourteen in Adelaide. The mission control centre will complement the new home of the Australian Space Agency and will be closely linked to the Australian Space Discovery Centre (also located on the ground floor of the McEwin building). It is not intended that the Australian Space Agency own or operate the centre.
The project period is two years.
To be eligible you must:
- be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
We can only accept applications:
- where you can provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- where you can provide an Accountant Declaration that confirms you are a trading corporation as defined in section 4.1 and can fund any project costs not met by the grant.
Joint applications are acceptable providing the lead organisation is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Check the full eligibility details in the grant opportunity guidelines.
Terms and Conditions
For complete details on the terms and conditions that governs 'Space Infrastructure Fund – Mission Control Centre' please refer to the website.