Nyee Phoe Group is an established family business that has been creating landscapes in Singapore and beyond since 1911. The group plays an active role in educating the general public about Singapore’s horticulture industry. Today, the group operates its many ventures from a 2.2 hectare piece of land along Neo Tiew Crescent in Kranji. These include landscape consultancy - Nyee Phoe Flower Garden, creative floral services - Petals and Leaves, and Gardenasia, the group’s HoriTainment arm, whose offering includes farm stays, in-bistro dining, and events centred on agriculture and food production, eco-tourism, education and conservation.
For the past 15 years, Gardenasia have been developing two eco-ambassadors - Titoy and Morchoo, who are Mascots, and together represent the twin issues of Climate Change and Food Security. Leveraging the appeal of characters to raise awareness and interest across generations. The growing interest in sustainable agriculture in young people is closely linked to the overall environmental conservation awareness. Gardenasia runs regular events for public to interact with Titoy and Morchoo to raise awareness on these two issues of Climate Change and Food Security.
Nyee Phoe Group are looking for:
- A novel, technology driven prototype solution (e.g. Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, experimental gaming or more) that can captivate a wide audience and highlight our characters in a way that aligns with their values. Specifically, we need a solution that:
- Captures the attention of at least 10m people worldwide in a way that promotes positive engagement with our characters.
- Is digitally shareable, engaging and likely to promote viral interest (people will be encouraged to spread the digital mascot assets and its message to their peers).
- Uses compelling digital storytelling to showcase the characters and their values to engage an audience.
- The solution should help us attract and develop a community that is in alignment with our values of Environmental Protection, Climate Change, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security. It needs to:
- Attract and connect people to form a community around farming, food and environmental sustainability.
- Provides a shared experience for that community to foster the connection.
- Possess educational value, enabling growth for our community members.
- Leverage Gardenasia’s social license and trust in their characters and what we are trying to do.
- The 10 million views should therefore translate to increasing engagement and growth of this community.
There are no restrictions on the geographic location of the problem solvers who may choose to apply to this challenge. However, the prototype needs to be demonstrated in Singapore (or similar markets).
Please note to view details of this challenge, you will be required to create an online profile - please refer to the website for further details.
For complete details on the eligibility criteria that govern 'Digital Technology and Storytelling to pomote mascots as global eco-ambassadors for climate change and food security' please refer to the website.
Terms and Conditions
For complete details on the terms and conditions that govern 'Digital Technology and Storytelling to pomote mascots as global eco-ambassadors for climate change and food security' please refer to the website.