The National Decommissioning Research Initiative (NDRI) will allocate approximately $2.3 million from 2019-22 to improve understanding of the interaction that occurs between the environment and oil and gas structures in Australia’s oceans. In particular, the NDRI seeks to improve understanding of how full removal or potential decommissioning in-situ may impact on the marine environment.
The program is funded by eight industry partners and delivered by the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centre for energy, NERA (National Energy Resources Australia).
The EOI round is open to applications for research projects that can help answer key questions relating to the impact of decommissioning Australia’s oil and gas infrastructure. Findings will improve understanding of the marine environment and better inform decommissioning decisions in Australia and potentially the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
How to Apply
The NDRI is calling for Expressions of Interest. Submissions close 30 September and proposals must be emailed to email@example.com.
These proposals must include the following information:
- Project title and the priority(s) it addresses
- Names of applicants and their affiliations
- Objectives and alignment with an NDRI priority area
- Proposed methodology
- Project timeframe (up to 2 years)
- Expected outcomes
- Estimated cost (salary, equipment, operations and maintenance)
- Proposed research team, relevant experience and demonstrated capabilities and success in delivering outcomes for similar projects.
Download the NDRI Expression of Interest and Project EOI Template.
Full full details, please visit the NDRI website.