REDEFINE THE PAYMENT EXPERIENCE FOR ADB STAFF
CAN YOU AND YOUR TEAM BUILD A MODERN CASH PAYMENT SOLUTION FOR ADB EMPLOYEES?
Are you ready to revolutionize ADB’s staff payment interactions? This is your chance to work on a digital wallet solution that will change the way we make purchases, transfer funds and earn points within the bank and beyond.
We are looking for startups and students all across APAC to propose ideas and present solutions on how to tackle this challenge.
ADB wants to provide better user experience to a multicultural workforce in ADB who deal with the inconvenience of carrying cash to transact in the Philippines or abroad.
ADB employees currently use a closed-loop cashless payment system that allows them to purchase goods from vendors within the ADB Food Services outlets. To date, there are less than 200 users, and at a time of active promotions, it reached beyond 300 users.
Around 5000 staff/contractors/consultants/dependents/visitors mostly use cash for their daily transactions. There are about 40 food services, laundry, courier and other merchants in ADB HQ that can use the future innovative payment solution.
HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE STAFF, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS, DEPENDENTS AND VISITORS TO USE MORE DIGITAL SOLUTIONS?
THE MUST HAVE!
Your solution should meet at least one or several of the below requirements
- Allow employees to pay for products and services with partner merchants using QR codes and any other payment methods, i.e., credit card, debit card, virtual/tokenized credit/debit card
- Top-up through a direct link, money transfer with a personal bank account or credit card, and/or TouchPay (independent cash loading) station
- Provide the merchant with Point-of-Sales device which accepts various payment methods and able to register products/services to be used for sales transactions
- Be able to send sales receipt online to minimize the paper use, think green!
- Collect merchant discount rate in every use of ADB Pay to assure sustainable payment system business model and to eliminate the need for upfront establishment cost of this system
THE (REALLY) NICE TO HAVE!
Some valued bonus points will be added if the solution also answer one or several of the following:
- Collect reward points in every purchase
- Transfer funds for ADB-related expenses, i.e., ADB’s event participants can use ADB pay for their meal/other allowances which can be also be used in the nearby malls
- Incorporate the best logical security set-up in the hardware/software deployed to minimize IT security risks, i.e., when the system suggests the use of employee ID as a payment card
- The solution should provide integration with ADB's accounting system to record the transaction in a secured manner
This Challenge is open and offered solely to the below profiles all across the world:
- Student. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current academic year, with a student card as verification. Each Student may only participate once in each Challenge.
- Grand Public. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity
- A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility may be required prior to awarding any prizes.
This Challenge is not open to employees and representatives of the Sponsor and the members of their families.
This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation in the Challenge must be as a team or as a Startup.
- Individual Participants may elect to form a team (“Team”) of 2 to 5 members maximum. Each Team member must accept these Rules, by clicking a hyperlink through the platform interface. Sponsor may disqualify any Team (and all its members) if one member has not accepted or violates these Rules. At least 2 members out of the 5 (if applicable) will need to be physically present to the Final Hackathon for the teams to be eligible.
- Startup Participants enter the Contest on behalf of their legal business organizations. During the registration process, Startup Participant must designate one individual who is part of the company for contact purposes with the Sponsor. This person will be responsible for registering the Startup at the Challenge and participate in the Challenge on behalf of the Startup. As a Startup participating in this Challenge, you represent and warrant to the Sponsor that such person (i) is an authorized representative of Startup and is participating in the Challenge on behalf of such company, and (ii) has obtained all necessary approvals to enter the Challenge, including all persons qualified to grant any intellectual property rights to Sponsor. Any individual who is employed by a Startup may also submit its participation as an Individual Participant.
The goal of the Challenge is for Participants to submit contributions (or projects) meeting the requirements determined by the Sponsor in the Challenge brief, and that are formalized by deliverables. The brief includes information regarding various deadlines, details of the prizes, Sponsor requirements etc. (the “Brief”). The Brief is accessible through the Challenge website.
Terms and Conditions
Challenge Rounds. The Challenge consists of several rounds:
- Round One. Deliverables will be accepted from Tuesday, June 25th 2019 to August 16th, 2019, 11.59AM. At the end of this Round, up to 5 winning Deliverables will be pre-selected to proceed to the Final Round.
- Final Round. In-person Hackathon in the Philippines from August 31st to September 2nd
Deliverable. If a Participant does not upload a Deliverable on the Challenge website before the deadline, this will be considered as a withdrawal from the Challenge. The Participant may not join the Challenge, and may not obtain any compensation from the Sponsor.
Selection Criteria. Deliverables will be judged according to the Selection Criteria, described below. You agree and acknowledge that the Challenge relies on your creativity, capacity, ability, and ingenuity to solve difficult problems. The Challenge does not depend, even partially, on chance or luck, and therefore should not be considered as a lottery. Under no circumstances are factors such as appearance, religion, membership in a trade union, political opinions or sexual orientation considered.
Notification to Participants. Once the selection has been completed, Participants will be notified by email, phone, or by other means of the results of each Round. The Sponsor will be free to alter the dates on which results are released should this become necessary due to the number of projects to be assessed. The ranking decided by the final jury will be announced on the day that presentations are made and will identify the Participants that are finalists.
- Round One
All Round One Deliverables must be submitted before August 16th, 2019 11.59AM. Deliverables must meet the specifications set out in Section 6, above, and include:
Up to 10 slides including:
- Idea and Value Proposition
- Core Technology/Architecture
- Research & Data (to back up your idea/hypothesis)
- Feasibility Study
- Team Introduction (experience & skillsets)
- Wireframe of the Solution, Video Demo, Github link (required)
- An introduction of the Participant based on the questionnaire to be filled in in their participation area, accessible through their user account.
Selection phase following Round One will proceed as follows:
Criteria based voting
“Criteria-based” voting will take place from August 16th to August 20th, 2019
The voters (Sponsor members) (the “Voters”) may evaluate and select the Deliverables based on their content and the following criteria:
- Business Value 30%
- Operational Feasibility & Scalability 30%
- User Experience 20%
- Technical Competency 20%
Except as otherwise provided below, the (5) Participants with the highest score at the end of this vote will win this vote and proceed to the next round.
- Final Round
Participants who have been selected to participate in the Final Round will be directly notified by email to the address provided during registration. In the event a Participant does not confirm his/her attendance at the final event, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify this Participant. This disqualification shall not entitle the Participant to claim any kind of compensation from the Sponsor. Regarding Student teams, 2 members at least need to attend the Final Hackathon in order to be eligible for the Final Round.
- The Final Round consists of an in-person Hackathon. Teams and Startups participating in the Hackathon should produce a project on-site upon description given the Challenge organizer during the Selection step.
At the end of the Final Round, the jury will choose the winning projects and will rank the finalists.
The prizes are awarded to the winners of the Challenge and are subject to compliance with the following cumulative conditions:
- The Deliverables comply with Section 6 (“Deliverables”);
- Each Participant of a winning project complies with Sections 9 and 11;
- It can be proven that the winning Participants fulfil the conditions of eligibility of Section 4.
No prize will be awarded to winners who do not fulfil the above conditions.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, once confirmed by the Sponsor, the winner(s) will receive the following:
- Grand Prize of up to US$10,000 cash prize or US$5,000
- For all finalists, the opportunity to implement the solution with the Sponsors
Each member of a Participant Team will receive its own prize.
No assignment or transfer of prizes is allowed by a winner. If a potential winner cannot be reached, is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes after being awarded to winners. Winners will accept the prize “as it is”. The Sponsor disclaims any warranty regarding the Prizes.
In the event a Participant (a winner) cannot be reached, by email or by phone, for more than three (3) months after the first attempt to reach them was made, he/she will be deemed as having waived their right to claim the prize and will not be entitled to any prize or any kind of compensation.
If the prize as initially planned is unavailable, the Sponsor will be free to substitute another prize of similar value. Any such decision is at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any Participant who does not fulfil the conditions of Participation as provided in the Rules during their registration and/or at any time during the Challenge will be summarily disqualified from the Challenge without prior notice and will not be entitled to any prize. In the event that a prize is awarded to a Participant who does not meet the conditions of Participation when registering or throughout the duration of the Challenge, the Sponsor reserves the right to require the Participant to return the awarded prize.
How to Apply
Your application starts here.
To take part in the Challenge, we must receive your completed registration by August 16th, 11.59AM.
To register, the Participant must first have created a user account on the Challenge website, and must have truthfully and accurately completed required information, such as full name, email address, etc.
Any registration based on inaccurate, false or incomplete information will result in the Participant’s disqualification. Refusing collection, recording and use of their personal data that is strictly necessary to performing the Challenge will result in the Participant’s disqualification. The Participant is solely responsible for the information he/she provides when registering. Any intentional or non-intentional mistake, anomaly or inconsistency, regarding this information, may result in the Participant’s disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right to proceed all necessary verifications regarding the Participant’s identity, postal and/or email address.
Deletion of a Participant’s user account on the Challenge website will be deemed as a withdrawal from the Challenge. In this case, the Participant, regardless of whether the deletion results from the Participant’s personal action or not, will not participate in the Challenge, and will not obtain any compensation.
Registration for and participation in the Challenge is free, with no purchase or payment obligation.